Hanoi (VNA) – The following is a list of news summaries selected last night by the Vietnam News Agency.
– Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh stressed on April 4 that the government, ministries and agencies must take all measures to perform their tasks effectively.
Addressing the regular government meeting, the Prime Minister highlighted a range of issues such as the complex developments of the COVID-19 pandemic, soaring global fuel prices which have put pressure on production, businesses and national consumption, floods and crimes. Read the full story
-Vietnam values and wishes to deepen its relations with the UK in the sectors of climate change, energy transition, digital transformation, sustainable growth, technology, finance and human resource training , said Tran Tuan Anh, member of the Politburo and head of the Economic Commission of the Party Central Committee. while receiving Graham Stuart, British Prime Minister’s Trade Envoy to Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos in Hanoi on April 4. Read the full article
– Hanoi always gives high priority to developing its friendship and cooperation with Lao localities, especially Vientiane, said Municipal Party Committee Secretary Dinh Tien Dung when meeting with Lao leaders on April 4.
Leading a delegation visiting the Vietnamese capital, Dung paid courtesy calls on General Secretary of the Lao People’s Revolutionary Party Central Committee and President of Laos Thongloun Sisoulith, Prime Minister Phankham Viphavan and President of the Lao National Assembly Xaysomphone Phomvihane. Read the full story
– Vietnam has been chosen by analysts from major Wall Street banks as one of the three hottest markets in the Southeast Asian region, according to US television channel CNBC.
CNBC asked analysts at Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan Asset Management which Southeast Asian markets were their top picks, and received Indonesia, Singapore and Vietnam as answers. Read the full story
– Vu Phong Energy Group JSC and British electricity company Shire Oak International have signed an agreement to develop solar power systems on the roofs of factories run by the Republic of Korea Hwaseung Enterprise Co. Ltd. In Vietnam.
The project will receive 10 million USD in total and will be implemented in a build-lease-transfer format. The systems to be developed will have a combined capacity of over 12.5 MW. Read the full story
– The People’s Committee of Hanoi has accepted the proposal of the Municipal Department of Education and Training to bring students in grades 1 to 6 in 30 districts and townships across the city back to school for face-to-face learning face from April 6 after a long period of online learning due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Read the full story
-The preliminary round of Miss Peace Vietnam 2022 is underway in the three regions of the north, center and south of the country, lasting from April 4 to the end of July, heard during a press conference on the contest of beauty organized in the central city of Da Nang on April 4th.
According to the organizer, the semi-final will take place on September 3 and the final is scheduled for September 11 in Da Nang. Read the full story
– The Kate festival of the Cham ethnic group in the south-central province of Binh Thuan has been inscribed on a list of national intangible cultural heritage, according to the provincial department of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
Kate, the most important folk festival for followers of Brahmanism, pays homage to the gods and prays for good weather, bumper crops and the development of people and all living beings. It offers both traditional rituals and folk games./. Read the full story