Deadline: November 21, 2022
The Biochemical Society Scientific Diversity Grant Program 2023 is now open for applications! Help create and support a representative scientific community through the Scientific Diversity Grants.
The grants are open to anyone from anywhere in the world who has a project that will support and address issues related to inclusion and diversity in science. You do not need to be a member of the Society to apply and you do not need to be based in the UK; these scholarships are open to applicants from all countries. Past recipients of any of the Biochemical Society grants are encouraged to apply for funding from this program.
- The Biochemical Society Diversity in Science Grants program offers grants of up to £500 to individuals, groups, charities or not-for-profit organisations. At its discretion, the Society may award up to £1,000 for individual projects.
Open to individuals, groups and charities from all countries and regardless of membership in the Society.
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- An understanding of the issues and challenges related to diversity in science.
- Knowledge of channels and networks that address diversity in science, through which achievements arising from the grant can be disseminated.
- Originality and relevance of the proposed approach to meet the issues and challenges related to scientific diversity.
- How you will assess the potential impact.
- Proven research capacity and experience, if the grant is to be used to fund a research project.
- Evidence of additional/future funding to ensure project sustainability if catalytic funding is sought.
Applications will close on November 21, 2022. Reviewers will consider the originality and relevance of the project, as well as evidence of potential impact.
For more information, visit Science Diversity Grants.