NEW YORK, NY – Hennessy announced the selection of twenty esteemed inaugural members inducted today into the “Never Stop Never Settle Society,” a $ 1 million program to advocate for the next generation of black entrepreneurs. The initiative was introduced in March 2021 to support a more equitable landscape for inclusive business growth and development.
“Hennessy recognizes the tenacity and resilience that each selected member embodies as they push the boundaries of potential to navigate their way, address social and economic challenges and have a lasting impact on their community,” said Jasmin Allen, vice -President President, Hennessy US. “Hennessy has always supported the black community. We are honored to continue this legacy through the “Never Stop Never Settle Society” by celebrating extraordinary people and championing the vision of their companies. “
The Never Stop Never Settle Society builds on Hennessy’s long-standing commitment to black communities, a legacy that dates back to the 1800s through a range of investment and sponsorship from civic organizations to enhance development. community. The program is co-created with partner Marcus Graham Project, a nonprofit organization that shares Hennessy’s mission of supporting black entrepreneurs through funding and resources for meaningful growth. The twenty members were chosen for their commitment to reshaping the world through social impact, increased representation in otherwise white spaces for black-owned businesses, and job creation within their communities. communities. Each member will receive $ 50,000, access to professional development sessions with Moët Hennessy executives, membership in The Gathering Spot Connect, a black-owned digital community offering culturally relevant content, networking and development resources commercial. Members will also have access to a state-of-the-art physical office at Moët Hennessy’s headquarters in New York.
Hennessy believes these candidates are a catalyst in creating a change for the future in past models of community success, including the Greenwood District in Tulsa. The Never Stop Never Settle Society is a legacy program that will continue to invest in black entrepreneurs and their journeys to achieve their dreams and transform communities. The inaugural members in 2021 of Hennessy’s Never Stop Never Settle Society include:
- Abeille Creations is based in Atlanta and founded by CEO Melissa Mitchell, a self-taught artist who works to illuminate the Black Art movement through community engagement.
- Annie Admin is founded by Erica Davis, originally from Chicago, and offers a comprehensive virtual office management solution to help manage the day-to-day administrative needs of home service professionals across America.
- City Press Juice & Bottle is a Chicago-based facility run by Todd McCrainey Jr. to provide the healthiest, most nutrient-dense cold-pressed juice, superfood blends, and raw foods.
- EatOkra Inc. is the go-to app for discovering black-owned restaurants nationwide co-created by Brooklyn-based husband and wife duo Janique and Anthony Edwards.
- EnrichHER connects institutional and commercial sources of capital with Atlanta-based women and color-led companies founded by gender activist Dr. Roshawnna Novellus.
- Esquire Branding Agency is led by Director and Owner Matthew Harper of Atlanta to provide leading services in the areas of event production, creation and branding.
- Gallery 88 founded by Alex Delotch Davis in Atlanta is a digital media and lifestyle company that celebrates black luxury fashion, fine art and design.
- HealHaus is a Brooklyn-based wellness company created by entrepreneur Darian Hall to provide digital and studio mental health programs.
- Kanarys, Inc. is a Dallas-based technology company co-founded by Mandy Price, Star Carter, and Bennie King that focuses on providing the tools organizations need to create long-term systemic change around the challenges of business. diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Listen TWO Me is a full-service production company founded and led by CEO George Perers II, which collaborates with black creatives to develop original content, from in-person events to digital series and films.
- Mischo Beauty is based in Washington, DC, and founded by CEO Kitiya King with a focus on formulating the healthiest, safest, and cleanest beauty products.
- Podpal is an Atlanta-based tech startup that provides an all-in-one platform for podcast management. Founder and CEO, Aaron P. Woods leads the product vision to help podcast teams plan, publish and promote their show.
- Quartz Water Source was born out of the Flint water crisis and was developed by Jonathan Quarles, a native of Flint, to expand global access to clean water through innovative technology.
- Saint Miles Creative Agency is a creative sanctuary where ideas are brought up to date. The award-winning Jacksonville, Florida-based storytelling agency is co-founded by Enitan Bereola II and Steve Canal.
- The Kinship Advisors is based in the Washington, DC area and founded by CEO Alexys Feaster. A strategic consulting company, Kinship partners with influential people and brands committed to racial equity and sustaining impact in underserved communities.
- Soulgood is based in Dallas and founded by plant-based visionary Cynthia Nevels to provide opportunity areas across Texas with healthy, organic, and plant-based fast food restaurants using environmentally friendly materials.
- TNT Wangs Tulsa is a Tulsa-based food truck that was founded by Latia Vann and is known for serving “the best chicken in the Midwest”.
- Toasted Life is a Bay Area-based lifestyle entertainment platform co-founded by Warren Jones and Matt Tuffuor that provides access to high-profile events and experiences for professionals, creatives and professionals. BIPOC entrepreneurs in the United States and abroad.
- WaySlay is an on-demand haircare and black cosmetics delivery app created by Miami co-founders Michael James and Ian Grant II to deliver beauty products directly to consumers.
- WITH is led by co-founder Amy Lattimore in Atlanta. It is a wellness education platform designed to help employees learn to take care of themselves and others. Through live and on-demand sessions, WITH makes holistic wellness accessible to employees.
“Marcus Graham Project shares Hennessy’s vision to embolden the rich heritage of black entrepreneurs who advance culture,” said Lincoln Stephens, co-founder and CEO of the Marcus Graham Project (MGP). “We are honored to have co-created a platform that will continue to champion black excellence, celebrate entrepreneurial efforts and advance early companies.”
For more information on the 2021 inaugural members of the Hennessy Never Stop Never Settle Society, please visit NeverStopNeverSettleSociety.org.
Leader in Cognac, Maison Hennessy has shone throughout the world with its exceptional blends for over 250 years. Built on the winning spirit of founder Richard Hennessy, the brand is present in more than 160 countries. Established in the heart of Charente, Hennessy is also an unwavering pillar of the regional economy, the standard bearer of a sector rich in know-how. The success and longevity of the House are based on the excellence of its cognacs, each of which is born from a unique process of transmission from generation to generation. The first ISO 14001 certified wine and spirits house, Hennessy combines its capacity for innovation and the support of all of its partners to protect this exceptional territory. The flagship of the LVMH group, Hennessy is a major player in French international trade, with 99% of production sold for export, and a global ambassador for the French art of living.
Hennessy is imported and distributed in the USA by Moët Hennessy USA. Hennessy distills, ages and blends a complete range: Hennessy VS, VSOP Privilège, Hennessy Black, XO, Privé, Paradis, Paradis Imperial and Richard Hennessy. Cognac imported Hennessy 40% Alc./Vol. (80º), 2021 Imported by Moët Hennessy USA, Inc., New York, NY.
About the Marcus Graham project
Founded nearly 15 years ago, the Marcus Graham Project (MGP) is a national, non-profit organization focused on developing the next generation of diverse leaders in the advertising, media and marketing industries through training, mentoring and professional development opportunities to ensure the industry is more inclusive to better reflect the diverse world in which we live.
For more information: