The Indiana CPA Society honored its top professionals of the year at its annual CPA celebration on May 13 in Indianapolis.
Individuals were nominated by peers or members of the Crown corporation and were selected by an awards committee made up of board members.
Eight INCPAS members were honored in six categories. Recipients included:
- Robert Lazard, retired CPA (Indianapolis). The award recognizes significant contributions to the advocacy of the CPA profession through government relations.
Building bridges to the profession:
- ZeNai Brooks, controller – corporate responsibility and foundation, Cummins (Indianapolis). Recognizes a person or company committed to creating and diversifying the talent pool.
- Derrick Burks (pictured), retired partner, EY (Indianapolis). Selected by the Past President of INCPAS for guidance, assistance and support during the President’s tenure.
- Martha Nommay, director of finance and operations, Second Presbyterian Church (Indianapolis). The award is INCPAS’ highest honour, recognizing an individual for significant contributions to the CPA profession, the AICPA, and/or the Society on many levels.
- Jud Brown, Campaign Finance Compliance Partner, Bee Compliance LLC (Speedway);
- Jordan Chavis, Business Analysis Advisor, Eli Lilly and Company (Greenwood); and,
- Cody Newport, Principal, Kruggel Lawton CPAs (Goshen). The award recognizes promising leaders who have demonstrated initiative and made a significant contribution to the overall success of their employer.
- John Seale, Managing Partner, RBSK Partners PC (Brookville). Recognizes a transformative person or company implementing unique, forward-thinking activities designed to address future problems and needs.