The annual meeting of the International Transplant Nurses Society (ITNS) features world-class speakers providing cutting-edge clinical information on transplant research and nursing, including more than a dozen experts from Penn Medicine.
The Penn Transplant Institute is proud to announce that the following clinicians will be presenting at the 2021 Annual Meeting, which will be held virtually September 9-12, 2021.
Friday, September 10, 2021
- 9 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Trans-COVID-19 Multicenter Registry of Heart Transplant Patients in the United States with Confirmed COVID-19 and Impact on Transplant Medicine Susan Chambers, MSN, CRNP and Angela Wang, MSN, CRNP
- 2:45 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. Various presentations and management of posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome (PRES) in transplantation medicine Emily Grubb, MS, PA-C
- 3:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. Tacrolimus-induced acquired thrombotic microangiopathy and the role of ADAMST13 deficiency Mariadil Kannadan, BSN, IA and Tyesha Cusack, BSN, IA
- 3:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. Sexually Transmitted Infections: The Burden and Implications Joan LaJoie, MSN, CRNP
- 4:15 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. Rapamycin pharmacokinetics and thromboprophylaxis in transplantation medicine Lauren Marsteller, MSN, CRNP and Demetra Zalman, MSN, CRNP
Saturday 11 September 2021
- 9.45 a.m. – 10.15 a.m. Categorized and standardized treatment options for cytomegalovirus infection Melissa Burke, MSN, CRNP
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) in Patients with COVID-19: Riddles and Considerations on Pre- and Post-Transplant Outcome Lizabeth Piel, MSN, CRNP
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. A rare case of cytomegalovirus and parvovirus B-19 co-infection after transplantation Ylenia Quiaoit, DNP, CRNP
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Reduction of medication errors at discharge in the transplanted population Elizabeth Perez-Ngai, BSN and Aileen Paredes, BSN, IA
- 2:45 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. Cytopenias after solid organ transplantation: an introductory guide for clinicians Ylenia Quiaoit, DNP, CRNP
- 3.30 p.m. – 4.45 p.m. Kearns-Sayre Syndrome (KSS) Triad: Assessment, Treatment, and Future Direction Socorro Smigo, BSN, IA
- 4:15 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. Mitochondrial cardiomyopathy and next-generation sequencing (NGS) of the mitochondrial genome Sandhra Thekkumthala MSN, CRNP
Sunday 12 September 2021
- 10:45 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. 21st Century Heart Allograft Vasculopathy, Diagnosis, Prevention and Education Emily Tsao, MSN, CRNP
We hope to see you there!