Newswise – CHICAGO – Adults who use cannabis use more opioids after surgery. Reducing noise in the operating room (OR) improves postoperative behavior in children, including decreased temper tantrums and fussiness about eating. Minorities are less likely to have patient-centred end-of-life care. These are among the important research findings presented at ANESTHESIOLOGY® 2022, the annual meeting of the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA), October 21-25 in New Orleans.
ANESTHESIOLOGY® 2022, the most impactful event in anesthesiology, will feature:
- Scientific Research Updatesfeaturing 500 abstracts highlighting the best science in the specialty, including how Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) protocols minimized gaps in care during the pandemic for patients undergoing outpatient joint replacement surgery.
- More than 350 educational sessions.
- Guest speaker Mick Ebelingan inventor, humanitarian, and entrepreneur who was named one of Fortune magazine’s “Top 50 Most Creative People,” will present “IA for the Sake of Humanity – Jekyll Vs. Hyde,” exploring the potential of artificial intelligence to make the world and the operating room a better place.
- Andrew J. Davidson, MD, MBBS, FANZCA, FAHMS, and Deborah J. Culley, MD, will present the “Journal Symposium on Delirium”, discussing the latest research and the rapidly evolving science behind the condition – including how to better identify, predict and reduce its onset.
- Karen Domino, MD, MPHwill present the Ellison Pierce Lecture “Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Perioperative Patient Safety,” explaining the complex factors that create disparities in perioperative outcomes and sharing recommendations for improving patient equity and safety and reducing disparities in perioperative care.
- An exhibit hall showcasing industry leaders and innovators, hands-on learning experiences, researchDates, products, resources and services to help anesthesiologists provide the best patient care.
What: ANESTHESIOLOGY® 2022
When: October 21-25
Where: Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, 900 Convention Center Blvd., New Orleans, LA 70130
How to register: To register, send an email [email protected] with your press letters or a letter of mission. Join the conversation: You can join the conversation on social media using #ANES22.
THE AMERICAN SOCIETY OF ANESTHESIOLOGISTS
Founded in 1905, the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is a teaching, research, and scientific society with more than 55,000 members organized to raise and maintain the standards of the medical practice of anesthesiology. The ASA is committed to ensuring that physician anesthesiologists assess and supervise patients’ medical care before, during, and after surgery to provide the highest quality and safest care that every patient deserves. For more information about the field of anesthesiology, visit the American Society of Anesthesiologists online at asahq.org. To learn more about the role physician anesthesiologists play in ensuring patient safety, visit asahq.org/MadeforThisMoment. Join ANESTHESIOLOGY® Social conversation 2022 today. Like ASA on Facebook, follow ASALifeline on Twitter and use the hashtag #ANES22.